Oil and Gas
Oil and Gas Capital Projects
Following cost deflation and scope reductions, oil and gas capital projects are looking for new ways to improve value. We help clients identify and adapt proven best practices from other industries to create opportunities on supply chain optimization, process digitization, learning curve benefits, planning, and contract innovation.
We are reshaping the Oil and Gas sector. We have been advising the world's top oil and gas companies on capital productivity, on many number of projects spanning all major hydrocarbon basins. We offer clients fresh insights, proven methods, and access to an unequalled pool of expertise—majorly on their project dvelopment and EPCm and asset management consulting.
How we work
We support clients at every stage of their capital projects:
- During planning, we help clients to develop a project concept that delivers the greatest value at the lowest risk, using design tools to drive project value and applying a modular approach to reduce capital expenditure.
- In contracting and procurement, we help clients define a contracting model, select contractors, and establish appropriate price structures, contract terms, and incentives.
- During project execution, construction, drilling, commissioning, and ramp-up, we help and boost project management through schedule optimization, contractor management, and lean execution—including waste and performance loss elimination—at the yard, on-site, and offshore.
- To enhance project governance, we help clients define an operating model covering all dimensions of capital expenditure—from technical processes to mind-sets and behaviors—and manage small projects as rigorously as large ones in order to capture savings of 20 to 30 percent.
Capital-Expenditure Processes: a refining and marketing company redesigned its governance processes and set up a capital-excellence team to address capital-expenditure projects of all sizes across organizations.
We invest heavily in developing proprietary tools, databases, and methods, including:
- Project Delivery Services, a group of seasoned project directors and professionals to boost your project team
- a cloud control tower solution for insight into the real status of projects
- a Lean Greenfield tool for optimizing design from plant to production loop to equipment loop, and enabling lean manufacturing
- a suite of purchasing tools for reducing capital expenditure
- a contractor dashboard tracking key metrics to create a robust basis for performance dialogues
- E&C benchmarking, a three-stage analysis pinpointing the drivers of performance in engineering and construction companies
- Infrastructure Diagnostic, an algorithm-based pipeline-assessment tool that helps in evaluating the regulatory and financial environment
We also provide procurement support via our global sourcing centers located in China, Eastern Europe, India, and Latin America.