Project Management Consulting & PMO Services
As a leader in project management consulting, Selamina EPCAM experts help the niche provider clients seek out when they are looking to implement business-enhancing, agile PMO services that improve project and portfolio performance.
Selamina EPCAM experts helps you improve PMO performance with proven project management consulting and time-tested approaches that have been implemented in many organizations
- PMO Deployment, Operation, and Enhancement: Selamina EPCAM experts have been known as a leader in PMO design and practice, bringing its clients the expertise and tools needed to help create and sustain a value- driven PM.
PMOs are increasingly being entrusted with more strategic responsibilities.
Organizations continue to be challenged with the consistent application of defined project management processes, resource planning, forecasting, and other business demands. A well-managed Project Management Office (PMO) can address these challenges in order to ensure successful project delivery. We work with clients when they need to deploy a new PMO, operate a PMO, or optimize and enhance an existing PMO to meet a set of evolving challenges, functions, and services.
Deploying a New PMO
The first step Selamina EPCAm takes in deploying a PMO is to assess the current environment and develop a deployment roadmap incorporating your organization’s culture and operating practices. We will work with you to identify, prioritize, and establish a set of fundamental PMO functions and services. Deployment includes establishing governance standards, developing the PMO Charter and communications plan, identifying resource needs and performance measures, incorporating the right amount of repeatable delivery processes to fit your culture, and improving the competencies of your staff through training and mentoring. Emphasis is on the PMO providing an organizational entity focused on improving the management of your portfolio.
Operating a PMO
If project management is not a core competency, consider outsourcing the PMO. Selamina EPCAm works in partnership with you to understand your goals and establish a structure that will achieve them. We will evaluate what you currently have in place and will subsidize as required. Or, if preferred, can utilize our customizable toolkit of proven techniques and methodologies. Constant communication, incorporating organizational change management, is crucial to the success and is a core tenet of our PMO operating model. Performance measures are collectively established upfront with you, and progress toward established goals is continually evaluated via quality and performance reviews.
Enhancing an Existing PMO
PMOs are consistently being challenged to provide additional value to their organizations. To meet business demands, projects must be completed faster and cheaper. The business wants more transparency and they look to the PMO to optimize project resources. We can help your organization rise to the challenge.
To take your PMO to the next level, Selamina EPCAm will first review and evaluate your existing PMO structure, and provide recommendations targeted to enhance it. We will develop a transformational roadmap, identifying areas of opportunity, and will collaboratively with you create an implementation plan for deployment. Common areas of focus for this type of transformation may include enhanced visibility, level of PM competency evaluation, portfolio resource optimization, demand management of both project and operations work, and facilitating organizational change. PMOs offering this level of service govern with a senior management focus on strategic issues and facilitate change across the organization.
- Project Review & Recovery: With so much at stake, fast action is the key to avoiding losses associated with project failures. Selamina EPCAM brings you experts who can address common areas of concern including scope, resource availability, and project controls to turn around a troubled project quickly.
- Project Portfolio Management (PPM):Our project portfolio management (PPM) approach helps you select and manage an optimal portfolio of projects - one that maximizes your organization's responsiveness, revenues, and adaptability while keeping the projects aligned with your strategic business goals.
- Project Management Maturity Advancement: We work with our clients to assess the current level of maturity, develop an achievable improvement plan, and help keep the momentum going by supporting the execution and measurement of the recommended improvements.
- Organizational Change Management: Culture influences how organizational strategy is executed. As strategies evolve in response to market conditions, organizational cultures must also shift to stay competitive and profitable.
- Project Management Methodology Implementation: Implementation is a collaborative process, with final methodology ownership in your hands. Our methodology implementation approaches are designed to foster acceptance and make the adoption of a standard methodology welcomed within your project culture.